Frispel

sedan 2001

Italian Pinball Champiosh 2012ip

Nic

• Antal inlägg: 3
    • Visa profil
  • Stad: Colombia
Hallo everybody,
IFPA Italia (www.ifpaitalia.it) is happy to announce the Italian Pinball Championship 2012 that will take place in Rovigo on April 28th 2012.
The event will have around 40 pinball machines, distributed in the main entrance of a shopping mall, where 25 will be used for the tournaments, and the rest will be in free play. This year, on top of the main tournament, a classic tournament will be also played in the breaks of the main one.
The first prize will be a pinball machine. As far as I know, it should be a pinball from the 80's.
Registration are already opened and will be limited to the first 80 players.
IPC will be also a charity event, since all the raised fees will be entirely donate to the Onlus "Smile Africa".
To register and for more info, go the the following link:

http://www.italianpinballchampionship.info/index.php?lang=en

Hope to see some of you.

Nic

• Visa profil
Hallo again,
I am happy to inform you that IPC 2012 will be a two days event. We just got the confirmation for the Sunday. So one more day of fun. The Saturday program will be the same, with the main tournament and the classic. On Sunday though a third tournament will take place, still valid for the WPPR points: "IPC The Day After".
All the info about the structure of the tournaments and regitrations at:
http://www.italianpinballchampionship.info/index.php?lang=en

MCR

• Antal inlägg: 2214
    • Visa profil
  • Stad: Stockholm
Hi!
I´m playing another tournament that weekend, but I´m curious about the qualification system.
Have you tried it before?

The bonus points that get awarded from round 3 and on seem a bit weird to me. If you for some reason get a bad start in the tourney, the bonus points seem to make it harder for you to catch up and make a come back.

And you haven´t decided how many qualification rounds that will be played, but rather
Citera
"We will play as many rounds as possible until the end of the qualifying session"

So, it sounds like if you´re in the top-24 and the qualification time is almost up, you could try to stall the tourney and play extremely slowly to ensure that no more rounds are played (and that you yourself get to the playoffs).

Just curious. :-)

Nic

• Visa profil
Hey, so two things:
1) If you have a bad start, obviously it is harder, because you had a bad start :)
But you have to consider that you are going to play the following rounds with weaker player, making it easier in that aspect. With a couple of win, you climb the standings very quickly.
2)This is kept open because we don't want any dead time during the rounds, and it is impossible to determinate how long every round will be. What you wrote will not be possible, because the last round will be announced in advance. Let's say we are starting round 9 and we still have 45 minutes on the clock. All right, we will take the decision that round 10 will be the last. So every player know that they have those 2 rounds and no more. The last round will be announced in advance, that is the point, considering the clock. At that time we also have an idea of how long the rounds are, making the decision quite easy.
I should probably implement this explication in the rules.

Thanks for asking

Nic

MCR

• Antal inlägg: 2214
    • Visa profil
  • Stad: Stockholm
Ok, thanks for the info and good luck with the tournament!

Tags: